Conventional staining and decolorization methods：
1. After electrophoresis, take out the polyacrylamide gel and put an appropriate amount of Coomassie Bright Blue dye R250 into it, so that the dye just covers the gel.
2. Dyeing at room temperature for 4-12h on a horizontal shaker can appropriately increased to reduce the dyeing time.
3. Pour out the dye solution, add appropriate amount of Coomassie Bright Blue decolorizing solution to cover the gel, and decolorize at room temperature for 4-12 h, until the gel background is clean and clear dark blue protein bands can be seen.The decolorizing solution should be replaced during this period.
Fast staining and decoloring method:
1. After the end of electrophoresis, take out the polyacrylamide gel and wash it in distilled water for two times, and then add an appropriate amount of Coomassie Bright Blue dye R250, so that the dye just covers the gel. Place in the microwave oven and heat to 70-80℃. During this period, the gel should not be broken due to boiling of the dye solution.
2. Then, under the condition of high temperature of the staining solution, stain on the shaker at room temperature for about 5 min until clear protein bands can be seen.
3. Pour out the dye solution, add an appropriate amount of Coomassie Bright Blue decolorization solution to cover the gel, and put it into the microwave oven and heat it to 70-80℃ at a low heat. During this period, the dye solution should be avoided boiling.Under the condition of keeping the decolorization solution at a high temperature for 20-30 min, the decolorization solution can be changed 2-3 times during the decolorization solution until the expected dyeing results are achieved.
4. After the decolorization is completed, the gel can be stored in water or water containing 20% glycerin and photographed as soon as possible.Dry glue can be prepared if long-term storage is needed.
1. Coomassie Bright Blue Dye R250 can be recycled for repeated use.
2. For the gel concentration is less than 10%, gel cracking shall be avoided during operation.
3. If rapid dyeing and decolorization methods are adopted, the microwave oven shall be used to heat at low temperature, because the dyeing solution and decolorization solution contain ethanol.
4. Please wear a lab coat and disposable gloves during operation.