+86(027) 5111 3188
This Eosin Y solution is dissolved in alcohol. Eosin stains red blood cells intensely red. It is an acidic dye and shows up in the basic parts of the cell, ie the cytoplasm. It can be used as a counterstain to haematoxylin in H&E (haematoxylin and eosin) staining to show up the histological morphology and structure. After stained with this product, the sample can be directly used for dehydration of alcohol and xylene based mounting medium without washing.
Eosin Y (alcoholic)
Preservation: Valid in 6 months when stores at room temperature.
1) Deparaffinize and rehydrate to distilled water: Deparaffinize sections in 2 changes of xylene, 20 min each. Rinse in 2 changes of absolute alcohol, 5 min each. Followed by rinse in 75% alcohol for 5 min. Wash briefly in tap water.
2) Stain in hematoxylin solution for 3-5 min. Differentiate in 1% hydrochloric acid for 30 s. Then bluing in 0.2% ammonia water, wash briefly in running tap water.
3) Dehydrate through 85% alcohol and 95% alcohol respectively (time). Counterstain in Eosin Y solution (alcohol) for 5 min.
4) Dehydrate in 3 changes of absolute alcohol, 5 min each. Clear in 2 changes of xylene, 5 min each. Mount with resin mounting medium.
5) Microscopy examination and analysis
Nuclei should be blue, and cytoplasm pink to red.