+86(027) 5111 3188
In histopathology, the tissue must be fixed in time and effectively to complete the subsequent embedding and slicing. The function of tissue fixation is to maintain the inherent morphology and structure of tissues and cells, prevent the corrosion of bacteria and the autolysis of tissue cells, preserve the inherent substances in cells, make intracellular proteins coagulate, minimize or terminate the reaction of endogenous and exogenous enzymes, and keep cells or tissues basically the same as living substances. It also harden tissue and facilitate tissue repair. For some infectious specimens, it can prevent the spread of disease and preserve the gross specimens. Finally, fixation can also enhance the effect of staining.
This product can be used for the fixation of general plant tissue and the fixation of mucus layer in animal intestinal tissue. The sample can be used for the PAS and AB-PAS staining of subsequent intestinal mucus layer to obtain excellent staining effect. Composition of this product: ethanol: glacial acetic acid =3:1.
|Cat. No.||Product description||Volume|
|G1120||Carnoys fixative solution(used to fix intestinal mucus)||500 mL|
Stored at room temperature, in a cool and dry place, avoid direct sunlight, valid for 24 months.
When animal intestinal tissue is taken, the length of intestinal tissue should be more than 5mm, after taking the material, do not wash, immediately put into the fixed solution, fixed time more than 4h, not more than 7days, can better preserve the intestinal mucus layer. The tissue was fixed directly with anhydrous ethanol for short time dehydration (anhydrous ethanol twice ,40-60min each time), xylene was transparent, paraffin embedded, paraffin sections were prepared, then PAS,AB-PAS mucus was stained.
1. please use in a well-ventilated environment, and do a good job of protection to avoid inhalation.
2. The intestinal tissue can not be washed, keep the contents of the intestine, avoid squeezing, otherwise it will affect the integrity of the tissue structure.
3. The fixed tissue is dehydrated directly with anhydrous ethanol for a short time, and can not be dehydrated with aqueous ethanol, otherwise the sugar mucus will be lost.
4. Please tighten the cap in time to prevent the active ingredient from volatilizing.
5. For your safety and health, please wear experimental clothes and disposable gloves.