$ 7.5 / slide
|AB-PAS Colon||AP-PAS Stomach The neutral and acidic myxoid glands of gastric epithelium|
|AB-PAS Intestine The goblet cells mainly secrete acidic mucus and the basement membrane is neutral||AB-PAS Stomach|
1. Deparaffinize and rehydrate to distilled water.
2. Stain with Alcian blue 5-10 min. Wash quickly.
3. Treat with periodic acid for 10 min.
4. Wash well in running tap water. Wash in distilled water twice.
5. Stain with Schiff’s reagent for 15-30 min placed in dark condition.
6. Wash in running tap water for 5-10 min.
7. Dehydrate with gradient alcohol, clear in xylene and mount with resin mounting medium.
Glycogens and neutral mucins are red, acidic mucins are blue, the mixtures of acidic and neutral mucins are purple-blue. Nucleus are blue.